Skip to main content

Charity: Water


Water crisis has been an issue for a very long time, but we just ignore it since we had a lot of water supplies at our home right?
But do you know that:

  1. 1. 884 million people in the world lack access to safe water supplies.
  2. 2. 3.5 million people die each year from water-related disease.
  3. 3. Almost 2 in 3 people who need safe drinking water survive on less than $2 a day.
  4. 4. In many developing countries, women and girls walk on average over 3.5 miles each day to fetch water. Women often spend more than 15 hours per week gathering water.
  5. 5. Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water-related disease.

  6. 6. Diarrhea is the second leading cause of child death in the world today, and the top cause of child mortality in sub-Saharan Africa. This diarrhea is caused by poor sanitation, hygiene, or dirty drinking water.

  7. 7. More than 1/2 of all primary schools in developing countries don't have adequate water facilities and nearly 2/3 lack adequate sanitation.

  8. 8. Clean water is one aspect of improving sustainable food production in order to reduce poverty and hunger.

  9. 9. More than 80% of sewage in developing countries is discharged untreated, polluting rivers, lakes and coastal areas.

  10. 10. By 2025, the proportion of the world’s population living in water-stressed countries is set to increase by 2/3.

  11. 11. Every $1 spent on water and sanitation generates $8 as a result of saved time, increased productivity and reduced health care costs.
  12. source: https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-water-developing-world


You guys can learn more about this charity and maybe start donating on

or visit their

cheers,
albertatheofila

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon A Time

Once upon a time.. there's this girl (me) who don't know how to wear makeup and tried to answer all this Beauty Blogger Tag that she found on her friends blog.  1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?       Straight and too soft. 2. What is your natural hair colour?   Dark brown, but under the sun it will be lighter. 3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?      I don't dye it. I once dye it light brown when I was on high school. 4. How often do you wash your hair?     Every day! Well, I have this oily type of hair. 5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?     Change it. I don't know how to use make up, but I know how to dress :p   I like dressing up actually. But I won't say that I'm a fashionista.  6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?     Do my own mani/pedi. I never do meni/pedi at the salon. But I like colouring my ...

Day 1 - Peace

My friend suggest me to post my photos daily. So I decided to make my own challenge. It's like an instagram 7 days challenge  but I'll post it on my blog. So here's DAY 1  Peace, is a condition where everyone dreams of. I found my peace in nature. Where the oceans are deep and blue, where the skies are blue and full of fluffy clouds, where the grass are green and the flowers are blooming, where the birds chrip by, and where the wind blows gently, and even where the rocks got different colour and texture! ❤️ (at some local beach, Indonesia)

High School

SMA Kristen Satya Wacana Salatiga was part of my life journey. I graduated on 26th of May 2014 with so much memories. In this post, I managed to collect few of my high school photos. Here are some memories of my high school life.. I joined Student Exchange on 11th grade to Adelaide Australia, it was one of a ride! I got 4 hosts there, and I'm glad that they were all so nice to me. My first host was Tori kellet's family, then Chealsea Kirkwood's, after that Emily Tessari's, and last but not least Meg Sorrell's family. I studied at Concordia College. Gosh I always miss that school!  I joined OSIS (2013-2014) and became the secretary. These are the leader from each section. and worked with the best team ever I managed to be the leader of 2011's yearbook organiser. Sorry if I had so much mistakes on this. but I worked with these super creative yearbook team! I joined my favourite extra...